Superuser is another name for the volunteers who has the knowledge and skillset to help you get started on your project.
A Superuser is a Fablab volunteer that wants to use the Fablab frequently for their projects. In addition, they want to help make it a fun and inspiring place for everybody by maintaining tools and improving the facilities, teach other users and taking shifts to open locked equipment.
If you want to know more, then drop by when we are open or check out our events
Benefits of being a SuperUser
- Access to locked machines 7 days a week
- Locked storage at Værkstedshallerne or on 4th floor and basement of Valby Culture House
- Have a say in which machines or tools to buy
- Be a part of the Copenhagen Fablab community and get invites to meetups
- Meet and network with lots of people doing interesting things and visitors from all around the world who visit the Fablab.
Who are you?
- At least 14 years old
- Good communicator and enjoy helping others
- Able to volunteer min. 5 hours a month (one 3 hours shift, one 2 hours Monthly superuser meeting)
- Have Fablab-related skills you would like to share! (electronics, sewing, CNC milling, programming, woodworking, 3D printing, etc.)
How to become a SuperUser
- You must have read and agreed with the Superuser Charter which can be found here.
- Participates in at least 3 x 3-hour volunterring shifts to get the application formular signed (You can find the application formular in the relax-area in the Fablab)
- The other volunteers will then discuss your application at the next Superuser meeting. If accepted, you will join the SuperUser group on Facebook. Your first action as a new superuser will be to write a presentation of yourself and post it in the group.